Voltum’s Nashville alarm system doesn’t just work to keep your property secure and safe from burglary, it protects your life by defending against a whole slew of dangers.
Fire is not the only potential hazard that poses a threat to your home and work environment. According to the Center for Disease Control hundreds of Americans die and thousands wind up in the hospital from exposure to high levels of carbon monoxide. Often referred to as the silent killer, carbon monoxide is an invisible, colorless gas that forms when fuels burn incompletely. When inhaled carbon monoxide replaces the oxygen in the blood, killing off cells and starving vital organs of oxygen by the minute. Exposure to high quantities can result in brain damage, heart problems, major organ dysfunction, memory or cognitive problems and many other physical and/or mental repercussions. So how do you protect yourself from a threat that is practically undetectable? Take preventative action by having Voltum security install a premium Nashville alarm system!
Today’s state-of-the-art Nashville alarm systems can be customized to detect carbon monoxide before it reaches poisonous volumes, making it your surest bet for protecting yourself, your family and your coworkers and clients against the damaging (often long-term and sometimes even fatal) effects carbon monoxide poisoning can have on you. The rapid and effective response system calculates the CO level and leak duration and transmits an alert to the control panel forewarning you of potential CO poisoning danger. The sophisticated Nashville alarm system then forwards this alert to the Voltum central monitoring station so that help can be dispatched before the carbon monoxide builds up to a dangerous level.
Though installing a Nashville alarm system is the best method of detecting carbon monoxide buildup, here are some additional things you can do to eliminate the threat of carbon monoxide poisoning:
When possible, choose appliances that vent fumes to the outside. If for whatever reason you must use an unvented gas or kerosene space heater be sure to use utmost caution when doing so–use the proper fuel, keep the doors to the rest of the house open and crack a window to ensure proper ventilation.
Refrain from using gas burning equipment indoors. Remember that carbon monoxide is a natural byproduct of combustion, meaning that operating generators, heaters or engines in an enclosed area can cause problems. Even using a gas oven for a short time to heat your home on a chilly night is asking for trouble.
Check all of your fuel-burning appliances. Maintenance is key so be sure to have a trained professional inspect your heating appliances each year. This includes but is not limited to furnaces, gas water heaters, gas ranges and ovens, gas dryers, gas or kerosene space heaters, fireplaces and wood stoves. Also be sure to check that the chimneys are in good working condition and not blocked in any way as backdrafting is a prime source for carbon monoxide production.
Don’t wait for a sign! Defend yourself against the hazards of carbon monoxide poisoning today by investing in a premium Nashville alarm system. Call us today (615) 595-2527 and we’ll be happy to customize a system to meet your specific needs!